The following data was referenced in a Real World Economics column regarding the $7.7 billion in Federal Reserve lending in the 2008-2010 period, which appeared in the Saint Paul Pioneer Press on December 1, 2011.
- Table h3hist6 list all borrowing from the Federal Reserve on a weekly average basis from January 1, 1975, through November 16, 2011. Emergency lending in 2008-2010 is largely in the sixth to tenth columns, beginning with “Term-Backed Securities Loan Facility” and ending with “Primary Dealer and other Broker-Dealer Credit.”
- Fed Release H.4.1, “Factors Affecting Reserve Balances of Depository Institutions and Condition Statement of Federal Reserve Banks,” is the Fed’s weekly balance sheet. See Tables 8 and 9 beginning on the sixth page of the report.
To access these reports in the future, or look at other Fed statistical releases and historical tables:
- Go to the Board of Governors’ (BOG) web site at http://federalreserve.gov.
- Click on “Economic Research and Data” from the menu across the top.
- Click on “Statistical Releases and Historical Data” from the menu at upper left.
- Look for Releases H.3.1 and H.4.1.
If you have no interest in other aspects of the BOG’s web site you also can go directly to http://federalreserve.gov/econresdata/releases/statisticsdata.htm and look for Releases H.3.1 and H.4.1.